Happy International Men’s Day to you! Monday 19th November 2012 is International Men’s Day (IMD) so why not join us in celebrating men and boys in the UK today?
IMD is now celebrated in more than 60 countries worldwide and this year’s celebrations are the biggest the UK has ever seen with events being held all over the country; surveys and reports being published; new websites and campaigns being lauched and funds being raised for various causes supporting men and boys in different ways.
So here’s just a selection of what’s happening on International Men’s Day in the UK this year (click on the links to find out more today):
- The International Men’s Day UK team has published a survey revealing the Top Ten Men’s Issues in the UK
- Brad Pitt, Chris Moyles, Stephen Fry, Paul McCartney and other celebrites are back an International Men’s Day fundraiser in Scotland
- There’s a great article in The Guardian by Ally Fogg
- Other IMD fundraisers have included a spiritual fast, a Tash Dash fun run and IMD UK promoting Ten Top Men’s Charities to donate to
- Men Matters in Northern Ireland have published a report on Fatherhood
- The NHS in Scotland have launched a lifesaving health screening programme
- Men Beyond 50 have launched a new website
- A new Men’s Issues campaign and website has been launched in Leeds
- There are International Men’s Day evenst in Birmingham, Manchester, Derby, Preston, Brighton and London
- The IMD London co-ordinator Shane Ryan was interviewed on the BBC
- Articles have appeared in The Green Parent, One Space, Talk Of The Town and The Rights Of Man
- Our neighbours in the Isle Of Man are celebrating the day for the first time
- The Second National Conference for Men and Boys was held in Brighton in the run up to International Men’s Day
If you take time to spread the word about International Men’s Day in the UK today let us know how you mark the day by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
And whatever you do today have a Happy International Men’s Day!