DERBY TO MARK INTERNATIONAL MEN’S DAY FOR THE FIRST TIME
Volunteers in Derby are planning to organize a celebration of International Men’s Day for the first time in 2012.
Organisers say the day is an opportunity to highlight positive male role models and to tackle some of the issues affecting boys and men including:
- Boys’ educational underachievement and risk of exclusion
- Men’s health inequalities and lower life expectancy
- Men’s Sexual health issues
- Eating disorders in men
- Male victims of domestic violence
- Suicide and mental health issues
- Fatherhood and work-life balance
To get involved in planning International Men’s Day in Derby or for more info please contact Steve by e-mail: Steve@clearcoach.co.uk or Pam at Derby City Council: Pamela.Thompson@derby.gov.uk or click here now for more information.